Positions for the 2018-19 School Year Apply Here
FMLA Upper School Math Teacher (MA required, Special Education Experience a plus)
Upper School Soccer Coach (BA required, Special Education Experience a plus) Apply Here
Director of Communications Apply Here
FMLA Nurse Apply Here
Applications must be submitted online by clicking on the link above and attaching a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your resume. Incomplete applications or applications sent via email will not receive further consideration.
Inquiries about the position can be directed to Tina Moreno, HR Manager at email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment at Mary McDowell Friends School is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard to race, color, ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, familial status, or any other category protected by the law. Mary McDowell Friends School’s policy of non-discrimination extends to all employment practices including but not limited to, hiring, transfer, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, lay-offs, and termination.
Mary McDowell Friends School is a Quaker school for students with learning disabilities. As a faculty or staff member, our culture stemming from shared values and beliefs has developed over the past thirty-five years as we have grown from a school serving five students in the basement of the Brooklyn Quaker Meeting House to over 390 students served by over 175 staff and faculty.
Mary McDowell Friends School aspires to be a learning environment which addresses diversity and equity with integrity and action. Our community reflects diversity in many ways including but not limited to race, color, culture, age, sex, socioeconomic status, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, family composition, ethnicity, nationality, religious expression, physical and learning disability. We are opposed to discrimination and build on the Quaker testimonies to guide us in creating a safe and respectful school environment.
At Mary McDowell Friends School:
- We believe all students can learn in an environment designed to support their needs,
- We believe our students are brave and fearless learners.
At Mary McDowell Friends School, Faculty and Staff:
- Recognize that working in a school environment requires that all participants engage in the learning process and set goals to ensure that they are continually reflecting and growing in their respective roles at the school
- Work with colleagues who see students with learning disabilities from lens of possibility rather than failure
- Celebrate academic achievements at all levels
- Recognize that differentiation means meeting students needs and not making assignments easier
- Are committed to students getting what they need to learn
- Are encouraged to be their best selves
At Mary McDowell Friends School:
- We value community
- We engage in collaborative work
- We celebrate successes together
- We roll up our sleeves and address challenges together
- We laugh together and hold each other up when times are hard
- We find common purpose for why, what, and how we execute our mission
- We believe we are all learners!